Why would I use a DID Number?
- International and long distance telephone calls are made, with the caller only paying local call rates. For example, imagine that you live in United States, while you have relatives (or business customers) in Italy. You would like to receive phone calls from Italy, but traditional international calling is expensive and restrictive. In this situation, acquiring an Italian DID number would be a perfect solution, and would allow you to receive calls in the United States from people dialing your local Italian number. Costs are minimized for the caller, making this service economical and flexible for both residential and business usage.
- Incoming calls to virtual DID numbers may be forwarded to your own network by using VoIP (Voice Over IP) over the public Internet or through direct peering.
- Calls made to DID numbers may be forwarded to landline or mobile phones anywhere in the world, at low pay-per-minute rates.
- Virtual numbers may be used with our advanced cloud-based phone system, which offers full PBX features such as voice menus, call recording, voice mail, call center and conferencing. Outbound calling is available using any SIP-based IP phone, soft phone or via our dedicated mobile app.
- Flexible capacity – channels may be added or removed as required, and can be assigned to capacity groups for easy and effective management according to your call traffic.
- DID numbers can be used for Fax-to-Email services using our advanced cloud-based phone system.