In practical terms, a DID (Direct Inward Dialing) Number or a Virtual Number (also called a DDI in Europe) is a local telephone number in a selected country or city. The calls made to these numbers are then forwarded by DIDWW to Voice over IP (VoIP) using SIP, H.323 or IAX protocols, or to a PSTN (Plain Old Telephone System) device such as a regular or mobile telephone anywhere in the world.
Typically, a DID Number is used to provide local telephone numbers for customers on a worldwide basis, or to provide access from regular telephones to non-PSTN destinations such as VoIP.
- We provide the largest coverage of local, mobile, national and toll-free DID Numbers. Currently we cover 78 countries and 3256 area codes worldwide.
- We ensure a large inventory of virtual DID Numbers in every country and area code covered by DIDWW.
- Licensed as a telecom operator or partner with a licensed operator directly in every country in which we provide DID numbers.
- Flexible capacity options give you maximum simultaneous call efficiency and cost-effectiveness for your voice services. DIDWW offers both flat-rate and metered voice channels to suit your inbound calling patterns.
- Strong telecom experience and extensive knowledge of international regulations and carrier relations.
- Our private global network is designed to support billions of minutes per day with full geo-redundant capabilities, automated quality and abuse monitoring, and sophisticated routing and reporting systems, all backed by a Network Operations and Customer Support Center operating on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Over 1,000 telecom companies worldwide rely on our services, including Tier 1 Carriers, Mobile, ILD, ITSP, Call Center, Calling Card and Conference operators.
Our cloud technology, combined with traditional telephony infrastructure allows you to control and direct calls made to your phone numbers by using our web-based, simple-to-use online tools. For example:
- Incoming calls to virtual DID Numbers may be forwarded to your own network using VoIP or TDM, over the public Internet or via a direct peering. In addition, calls made to DID Numbers may be forwarded to landlines or mobile phones anywhere in the world, at low pay-per-minute rates.
- DID Numbers can be used with our advanced cloud-based phone system, offering full PBX features such as voice menus, call recording, voice mail, call queuing and conferencing. Outbound calling from the DID Number is available using any SIP-based IP Phone, soft phone or our dedicated mobile app.
- The DIDWW Outbound SIP Trunking service allows providers of Internet-based telephony networks to offer outbound callers access to the traditional telephony network, including calling to local, mobile, toll-free, short and emergency numbers. This highly scalable and flexible solution supports multiple and diverse clients each with their own custom trunk configuration profiles, and includes fully customizable dial plan and routing rules that may be applied on a per-trunk basis.