When DIDs are mapped to the Ring Group, all destinations configured under this group will ring simultaneously, you can add 2 or 3 mappings.
Once the destination is answered and the call connected, all other destinations will stop ringing.
The Ring Group is useful for redundancy or backup. For example: if you have sales team in separate locations and you wish that the phone will ring at all location until a sales person will answer.
For creating Ring Group please follow the below steps:
Figure 1: Access Groups Page in your Account
2. At the Groups page you will see the window which allows you to create Ring group (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Creating New Ring Group
3. Add Friendly name to your group. This is useful when you have several groups (Figure 3).
Figure 3: Creating Ring Group (1)
4. Add mapping for the group, which lines should ring when someone calls your DID number (Figure 3). Please note that you must select at least 2 NOT equal mappings.
5. Select the preferred server (Figure 4), choose the server that is the closest to your location.
Figure 4: Creating Ring Group (2)
6. Press Add to complete the Ring Group creation (Figure 5).
Figure 5: Adding New Ring Group
7. Your Ring group was created, please note that you can change this group settings at any time by entering the Group page (Figure 6).
Figure 6: Completed Ring Group
1. If you wish to add another ring group press on Add Ring group (Figure 7).
Figure 7: Creating another Ring Group