When DIDs are mapped to the Hunt Group, all destinations configured under this group will ring in order one after another with a timeout configured per destination, you can add 2 or 3 mappings.
Once destination is answered, the call is connected and call hunting is stopped.
This group is useful if you wish to be reached everywhere you go, or if you would like to have priority for the people who answers the phone. For example: The call first will try to reach you at home, after 15 seconds it will try to reach you at work and after 15 seconds - on your cell phone.
To create Hunt Group please follow the below steps:
Figure 1: Access Groups Page in your Account
2. At the Groups page Choose Hunt Group (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Creating New Hunt Group
3. Add Friendly name to your group – Specify name by your choice that you will be able to recognize this group easily, choosing the name is important when you have many groups (Figure 3).
Figure 3: Creating Hunt Group (1)
4. Add mapping for the group, which lines should ring when someone calls to your DID number and how long each (in seconds) of the mapping should ring before moving to the next mapping (Figure 3). The calls will be processed in order starting from first mapping until answered. Please note that you must select at least 2 NOT equal mappings.
5. Select the preferred server (Figure 4), choose the server that is the closest to your location.
Figure 4: Creating Hunt Group (2)
6. Press Add to complete the Hunt Group creation (Figure 5).
Figure 5: Adding New Hunt Group
7. Your Hunt group was created, please note that you can change this group settings at any time by entering the Group page (Figure 6).
Figure 6: Completed Hunt Group
8. If you wish to add another hunt group press on Add Hunt group (Figure 7).
Figure 7: Creating another Hunt Group